Here we go again! Got results from the genetic testing. Research on results below.
The good news:
- Started taking acyclovir (antiviral), iodine, and Adren-All during the week of July 3.
- Adren-All made a huge difference in energy levels
- IBS came back after starting acyclovir.
- With nutritionist, committed to 9 months of healing diet
- First step to transition to gluten-free & dairy-free eating over the next couple months.
- Possibly lactose intolerant. No variations on the MCM6 gene--variations indicate ability to continue digesting lactose into adulthood. Lactaid could help.
- Disruption of good intestinal bacteria. Have all three variants of FUT2 gene, so cannot support the good bacteria bifidobacteria in my gut--must be routinely ingested instead. PHP Pro Flora Max Plus (probiotics) to help.
- Poor fat transportation & utilization. Have many variants on the L-Carnitine production genes, so I underproduce it. L-Carnitine is an amino acid that carries fats through cell walls to be converted to energy. PHP Mitochondria & Energy Assist (contains L-Carnitine) to help.
- Poor fat & protein conversion. Have variants on the ACAT1 and ACAT2 genes, so I do not produce enough of the enzyme acetyl-CoA C-acetyltransferase. This enzyme becomes acetyl-CoA, CoA, and acetoacetyl-CoA, which together participate in 10 different metabolic pathways, namely fatty acid metabolism and protein metabolism. PHP Mitochondria & Energy Assist to help.
- Poor Vitamin B3 use. Have variants in the NDUFS7 genes, which I think means I am not processing B3 (niacin) correctly/well. NADH supplementation to help.
- Poor BH4 production. I'm honestly really confused about this one; something about neurotransmitters. PHP BH4 Assist to help.
- Poor B12 absorption & utilization. The variants in the FUT2 gene mentioned above make it hard to absorb B12; more variants in other B12 factor genes reduce the availability of useful B12, limit the transfer of B12, and further reduce absorption. B12 supplementation to help.
- Noted: might have minor ammonia issue due to variants in the CBS gene, not to be pursued at this time. Fixing the others will likely fix this.
- Noted: I am more likely to injure myself during exercise due to variants in my exercise injury risk genes. Also variants in my aerobic exercise potential genes mean I respond poorly to endurance training.
The good news:
- My immune system is normal
- My detoxification system is normal
- I am not allergic to nuts, gluten, mold, pollen, or really anything that humans are allergic to.
- I metabolize caffeine slowly and am not prone to over-consuming it.
- My system can clear pesticides from my body efficiently.
- I seem to be utilizing folate (vitamin B9) well.
- I am slow to break down serotonin, so my natural calm lasts longer than most people's and depression is very unlikely.
- All other neurotransmitters are normal (though the low BH4 can impair production)
- Good vitamin D utilization